Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting, thank you.

Saturday, 28 April 2012

Lilac Lush



 
In this tutorial I used the gorgeous art of Barbara Jensen.
You need a license to use Barbara’s art,
I purchased the license for this tube here.

I am using a beautiful kit called “Lilacs and Cream” by
You can get the kit here.
Beautiful kit Cora, thank you!

You will also need a mask, I used Horseplays mask 17, here.

I used the font Delicious Cake by Jellyka, here.


You will need to sharpen your elements after resizing/rotating to take away the blurriness it causes. For more info, check out my Tips and Tricks page.

I used a drop shadow throughout of vertical and horizontal 5, opacity 70, blur 10.


Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used pd12-pp-08.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, deselect and apply the mask.  Resize 90%.

Open pd12-print-01 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 80% and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-frame-04 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 70% and apply the drop shadow.  (If your tube does not completely cover the interior of the frame as mine does, you will need to paste a paper into it).

Open your tube and paste as a new layer, resize as needed, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-leaf-01 and paste as a new layer.  Mirror and flip, resize 90%, drag down below the frame layer, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-flowers-02 and paste as a new layer.  Again mirror and flip, resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-ribbon-05, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Resize 60%, place in position along the bottom of your tube/frame and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-flowers-01 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60%, duplicate and close off the duplicate for now.  Mirror the original copy and position on the ribbon towards the left, apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-sparkles and paste as a new layer, resize 70% and place in position.

Open pd12-clock and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open the closed copy of flowers-01, drag it up above the clock,  place in position and apply the drop shadow.  I erased the top part of the chain from the clock that showed.

Open pd12-key and paste as a new layer.  Resize 65% and rotate 15 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check the positions of your layers and make any necessary adjustments.  When you are happy, crop your tag and add your copyright information and text.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, you can email me here and don't forget to send me your result, I would love to see it and include it in the gallery!










 


No comments:

Post a Comment