Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting, thank you.

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Happy Birthday to Me




In this tutorial I used the art of Eugene Rzhevskii.
This tube was a gift by Eugene to his license holders to celebrate his birthday.
Eugene sells his art and licenses here.
Thank you Eugene!

The kit I used is called “Happy Birthday to Me” by
You can get the kit here.

You will also need a mask, I used Gem’s mask 12, here.

Font is A Weird Party, here.


 
Don’t forget to sharpen up those elements after resizing or they will be a little blurry. Check out my Tips and Tricks page for more info.

I used a drop shadow throughout of vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 70, blur 5.


Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_pp9.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, deselect and apply the mask. 

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_frame3 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 80%.

Open another of the papers and copy, this time I used sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_pp11.  Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5, make a new layer below the frame and paste the paper into the selection, de-select.  Apply the drop shadow to the frame and merge it down onto the paper layer.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_confetti and paste as a new layer.  Resize 75%, drag down below the merged layer and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_banner, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_balloon2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_balloon4 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer, resize as needed, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_sprinkles and paste as a new layer.  Resize 35% and duplicate, place both copies in position and apply the drop shadow to each.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_drink and paste as a new layer.  Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_present1 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 40%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_button2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_drink2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 40%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_ribbon5 and paste as a new layer. Resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_present2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_happy-bday-to-me_candy1 and paste as a new layer.  Mirror, resize 20%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check the positions of your layers and when you are happy, crop your tag and add your copyright information and text.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  If you have any questions, you can email me here and don’t forget to send me your result so I can include it in the gallery!







No comments:

Post a Comment