Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting the tutorials, thank you.

Monday, 24 December 2012

My Angel





In this tutorial I used the art of Verymany.
You need a license to use Verymany’s art, available here.

I used a gorgeous kit called “My Angel” by
You can get it here
Beautiful kit, thank you Sarah!

You will also need a mask, I used Horseplay’s Pasture mask 10,  here.

Font is AL Dreamboat, here.





Remember to sharpen up your elements after resizing/rotating as otherwise they will look a little blurry; check out my Tips and Tricks page for more info.

Unless otherwise specified, I used a drop shadow of vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 50, blur 7.


Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 550 and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used sb_pmt_my_angel_pp3.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, deselect and apply the mask.  Duplicate the mask and merge the duplicate down onto the original layer.   Resize 90%.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_frame 4 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 75% and rotate 4 degrees to the left.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_pp1 and copy.  Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5, make a new layer below it and paste the paper into the selection.  Do not deselect.

Open your tube or close up and paste as a new layer, resize as  needed, position nicely in the frame, invert the selection and hit delete to remove the excess tube.  Change the blend mode on the tube to overlay and apply the drop shadow to the frame. 

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_print1 and paste as a new layer.  Drag down so it’s just above the mask, resize 95% and place in position.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_star2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow changing the vertical and horizontal to 1, opacity to 30 and blur to 3.

Open your main tube, paste as a new layer and bring to the top, resize as needed, place in position and apply the drop shadow (remember to change it back to the original settings).

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_flower4 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_tulle 1 and paste as a new layer.  Flip, resize 50%, place in position in front of flower 4, duplicate and move the duplicate over so it’s in front of the tube.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_star1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 45% and rotate 10 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_flower3 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 65% and duplicate, mirror the duplicate, place both elements into position and apply the drop shadow to each.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_ribbon4  and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_wand1 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60% and rotate 45 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_flower1 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50% and place into position.

Open sb_pmt_my_angel_cloud2 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 40% and duplicate.  I placed one layer towards the left behind the two tulle layers and one in front of the star and duplicate flower layer, then I lowered the opacity of each layer to around 85% to make it look like mist.

Check the positions of your layers and make any necessary adjustments, when you are done, crop your tag and add your copyright information and text, then export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have an questions, please email me here. As always, I would love to see your result and include it in the gallery!








No comments:

Post a Comment