Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting, thank you.

Monday, 27 June 2016

Hanging Tears






In this tutorial I used the art of
Tin.
I purchased my tube from
Unfortunately Tin no longer sells tubes but
you can easily substitute it with another.


I used the lovely freebie kit “Mindful Angel” from

I used photo grungemask 04 from

I used the Windows font
Impact.



I used a drop shadow of vertical 0. Horizontal 5, opacity 85, blur 10.


Open a new transparent canvas 700 by 650 pixels and fill with white.

Paste the mask, resize it 35% and mirror it, select all, float and defloat the mask, make a new layer and paste paper 3 into the selection, deselect and delete the original mask layer.

Paste frame 3, resize 105% and apply the drop shadow.

Paste clock, resize 75%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste parchment, resize 75%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste frame 2, resize 70% and move into position.  Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand, expand the selection by 10, make a new layer below the frame and paste paper 5 into it, deselect. 

Paste the pocket watch, resize 80%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste your tube, position in the frame resizing as needed and apply the drop shadow. 

Paste flower 2, resize 60%, drag below the frame and paper layers, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste foliage, resize 50% and mirror, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste flower 1, resize 65% and mirror, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste heart, resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste flower 3, resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.  I re-coloured this to bring a little more brown in.

Paste the hanging tears on the top, resize 80%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste butterfly with glitter, resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check your layers and make any adjustments.  I stretched frame 3 a little wider.







No comments:

Post a Comment